Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mini Celebration at the House of Minis

Last Saturday evening, 17th of March, we went out for a family dinner to celebrate our parents' 60th birthday at the House of Minis in Pasig City.



I called for a seven o'clock reservation for 8 adults and 6 kids at around five o'clock and it was accommodated.  When my daughter and I stepped inside the restaurant, I immediately felt comfortable. It was cozy and has a nice ambiance.




While waiting for them to arrive, I plan to take photos of the place while at the lobby. Unfortunately, my Canon camera has no memory stick in it, I must have left it still plugged in my laptop from previous uploading so I just used the camera on my cellphone.

the overwhelming list of delectable dishes

taken minutes before dinner time and before the whole place became full with hungry diners

We ordered a variety of sizzling plate dishes, mine was Fillet Mignon, I like it well-done. T-Bone Steak for my sister Charie, my brother Nelson and sister-in-law Camille; Grilled Garlic Chicken with Garlic Butter Sauce for my Papa Sonny and Mama Josie, and for the kids I ordered Chicken Fingers with sweet corn and fried potatoes, Potato chips and Onion Rings, HOM Spaghetti and 1/4 Fried Chicken for Casey... our table was full after 15minutes of ordering.  Every meal includes soup of the day which was Asparagus soup, dinner rolls with butter, salad and for dessert is a scoop of chocolate ice cream, it can also be replaced with coffee or tea, whichever you like.

Asparagus Soup,tasted good but I'm not a fan of it


Chicken Fingers with potato fries and sweet corn


Fillet Mignon with buttered veggies and potato fries


T-Bone Steak with veggies and potato fries


All in all, we had a good meal and the kids we're going loco over the ice cream. I bought a meal-to-go for my husband Mhoi and Charie's husband Mark. It's Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and a T-Bone steak for them, respectively.

Cailie - about to eat a mouthful of ice cream

Casey and my daughter Mishka

Candace Macie


Cashley Nielsen

 the celebrants


My Review:

Name:  House of Minis (restaurant)
Branch:  E. Rodriquez Avenue, Barangay Ugong, Pasig City (along C5 in front of SM Hypermarket)
Price:   P600 to P700 per person

Recommended dish:

Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes - I love the gravy and the meat is so tender
Fillet Mignon - of course anything sizzling and with bacon strips
Grilled Garlic Chicken with Garlic Butter Sauce - I supposed it really tasted good because my parent's ate it all up (",) and it's a big serving for them
I also like the Chicken Fingers dipped in sour cream or cream cheese I think, I'll ask for it I have no idea what the dip was, can someone tell me? (",)



Not Recommended:

Onion Rings- all I tasted was breading  or maybe I'm already full that's why I didn't like it


Important Note:

As an individual, who really loves to dine and eat and eat and eat, I recommend visiting House of Minis with an empty stomach so you would never miss a single thing, they don't allow their ice cream dessert to-go so you have to save some stomach-space for it. And also, ask for your billing while you're still eating, ours took 15-20 minutes before it was out and another 10 minutes for the receipt and change. They don't have a system for that, their billing comes from an electronic calculator printer, I don't know if they practice this on other branches.


Happy Birthday Papa!
Happy Birthday Mama!
Go Seniors! (",)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you wish to receive updates please do subscribe on my email below or join my site. Have a great day!