Monday, September 17, 2012

What's with the K-Fever?

Ahn-Nyeong Hah-Seh-Yo!

I have no idea how wide the scope of Korean influence is there in this planet of ours. All I am aware is that it invaded most citizens in different countries though not every one seem to understand what they are talking about.

I admit it, I am one of them and my husband too, and my daughter too... Whoa! We love SNSD (So Nyuh Shi Dae) or Girls' Generation in particular, but as we watched shows related to them, we get to know more Korean celebrities too.

For some who don't know them yet, let me introduce the members to you. At first I was really confused with their faces, they all looked the same. But as many music videos and shows that I have watched, I know very well now who's who.


Taeyeon (the leader)


Hyoyeon (the great dancer)


Seohyun (the humble and innocent)


Soo Young (exotic beauty)


Tiffany (captivating smile)



Jessica ( the quiet one)


Sunny (sweet and adorable)
photo taken from snsdpix.wordpress.com


Yoona (baby face)
photo taken from k-popfanclub.blogspot.com


Yuri (the gorgeous)
photo taken from irafirdaus.wordpress.com



Well there you go, you were introduced to these gorgeous ladies, it's time to have a peek of their famous videos, starting with their latest single music video which will be released on September 26, 2012.



Title: All My Love For You
video embed from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKAnYWNnYW8
posted September 3, 2012

Here's another one, their song OH! was one of the songs that made them famous, they made a Japanese version of this posted 2 days ago on Youtube for their overwhelming fans in Japan.


video embed from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXZWudcVzEg&feature=g-all-lik

Girls' Generation's other famous songs are The Boys, Gee and Genie. They are very famous in Korea as well in Japan, France and US. They even made guesting on the Late Show with David Letterman and their performance was outstanding. They have concerts in various countries and next year hopefully in the Philippines. How I wish I could watch them live and have a picture taken with the group (",)


 SNSD member's Yoona, SooYoung and Sunny just had their latest LG 3D TV commercial.
video embed from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RSf7bTXBPU&feature=player_embedded


Another Korean music video that I love was from 2NE1, whom most Filipinos knew of because of Sandara Park. Here's their latest I Love You MV


 video embed from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrUPzLm5SI&feature=relmfu

This viral video that made people of all races dance with it and recently had guesting on The Ellen Show. Gangnam Style by PSY conquered the world after the hit Call Me Maybe.



 video embed from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
Oppa Gangnam Style! with it's famous dance step, horse-riding style with matching swaying and swirling arms. My daughter can't help but dance when she hears and watch this on Youtube.

Korean singer PSY (pronounced as sigh) is currently a judge on TVN KPop Star Hunt, a reality show American Idol style.

When I'm watching Korean shows like Running Man, Invincible Youth and Family Outing, I always have that thought about Koreans being geniuses. How they created shows that really entertain audiences from different walks of life. Ideas are very amazing if you compare them to other reality shows. China even imitated their Running Man show even the color and style of their clothes and their games were exactly alike, officials said they were not informed or been asked legally about the airing of China's version of Running Man.

Note: Due to attached files, some videos may not play here. Just click on the html source. Thank you.

Disclaimer: The photos and videos posted here are not mine, Some photos of the members have no source and some have, but the file names indicate where it was taken from. I don't intend to infringe on any copyright.

Happy viewing!
Ahn-Nyeong (Goodbye)


Keep in touch!
Email me at  chaicgalapon18@gmail.com
Like whazz bloggin you and me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @mythinktanknet
Subscribe to my updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you wish to receive updates please do subscribe on my email below or join my site. Have a great day!