Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Art of Letting Go

A letter for my dear Auntie.

I know what I did to help you is not enough. Words cannot express how deeply saddened am I now that you're no longer with us.  I've said I love yous, take care/s and a lot of Be Strong but they aren't enough, I know. I should have asked you to go out for lunch or dinner, but I was not able to. We may have exchanged laughter and tears in the past, until now memories remain. I can still remember when we used to go to the movies for all of Jet Li's action films. Together with my cousins we had fun indeed. Now, that you left us all behind with a sad face and a broken heart, there's still a part that's been thanking the Lord that you are now in His hands. Feeling no pain at all. No suffering from the dreadful, I-really-hate-that-disease, cancer. Tomorrow will be your last presence with us, and I hope you'll have peace of mind for we will assure you that we will take care of your son. To grow up well and reliving your good memories with him. I love you Auntie Letty, and I will still say it in my prayers.

I have made a video for you. Your life with us, with your family, friends and colleagues. Every time I play this video to edit it, I cried a bunch, but still playing it over and over again, and still crying and crying. It hurts to see you go. Thinking of it creates goosebumps on my temples. Yes, it's like your head is getting bigger and the more you control the tears from coming out and the more you swallow a big lump from your throat, anytime seem to explode, really gives me a headache. And eventually tears fell and the aching throat will subside, still heartache.

You've been a friend to me, like a big sister, you've given advises and shared your thoughts and experiences. We had a great time and I will keep those memories intact here, in me. Wherever you are now, I hope you won't forget a thing down here.


My apologies to you my dear readers. I just have to let this out of my chest. And this is my way.
Thanks for your time reading and watching this video.

Disclaimer: The song is not my property nor I intend to infringe any copyright. This video is merely for my presentation to express my grief for the loss of a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you wish to receive updates please do subscribe on my email below or join my site. Have a great day!